Winthrop Eye Center is committed to serving you and the community during the pandemic. To ensure your safety, we are following the guidelines from the CDC, the American Optometric Association, and the Massachusetts Society of Optometry. We have developed the following protocol to keep everyone safe in the clinic while we continue to deliver exceptional eye care. The safety measures include but are not limited to the following:
- Face masks are always required for all staff and patients both in exam rooms and waiting area regardless of vaccination status. Inability to comply will result in rescheduling the appointment to a post-COVID time.
- Patients are asked to reschedule their appointment if they are covid positive or otherwise symptomatic.
- Hand sanitizer is available to every patient
- Eye exams are booked every hour to allow plenty of time for thorough sanitation of exam rooms and the waiting area.
- Professional grade air purifiers are used in the exam rooms.
- The doctor alternates between two rooms to allow appropriate time for the air purifiers to eliminate any viral particles in the air.
- Patients are encouraged to call or use the online system for the appointment booking and contact lens ordering to avoid having multiple people in the waiting area.
- Patients and staff are expected to follow the 6 feet distancing whenever possible in the office.
- No credit card signatures are required during any transaction to minimize surface contact.
We are looking forward to providing you care at our new clinic. Thank you for collaborating with us to keep everyone safe in our community.